Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vegan Mofo Day 13: my new toy

I finally did it. I finally bought myself the food processor of my dreams.

I am so in love. I found it at Costco for an outrageously reasonable price. It's a Cuisinart 12-cup Food Processor, with a 10 year warranty and the kind of engine that dreams are made of.

So far I have made:
  • breakfast soft serve (pictured below): frozen banana, frozen mixed berries, and Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer
  • raw walnut butter: straight up walnuts blended into rich buttery goodness
  • nooch sauce: nutritional yeast, raw almonds and pumpkin seeds, tahini, dijon mustard, and lemon juice
  • chocolate berry soft serve: a cup of berries pureed with cocoa powder
Everything is coming out perfectly smooth and creamy and incredible. I am beside myself with delight. Seriously. I CANNOT STOP BLENDING THINGS. It's like the first weeks of my Bamix all over again. I think I might have a kitchen accessory fetish. Unfortunately this means that my brand new mandolin is getting very little attention. Next week I'm going to have to make some mandolin-friendly recipes to help it feel more welcome in my kitchen. It matches the Bamix, after all. 

(breakfast soft serve)

(my happy little food processing family)


No comments:

Post a Comment