Monday, October 17, 2011

Vegan Mofo Day 17: blender madness!!!

My new food processor has opened a whole new world of smoothies for me. I have always been a smoothie fan. A BIG smoothie fan. But now I realize that I've been doing it wrong. Because these smoothies are something else entirely. So smooth, so creamy, light and fluffy and just so incredible that I would happily eat them for every meal, forever. (That may not be true, but it's close.)

My current favourite (pictured below, two mornings in a row, and YES I eat them in bed) is mango, banana, and spinach. The first day I froze the banana; the second day I froze the banana and the mango and it took things into a whole new world of ice-cream-for-breakfast goodness. I've been eating these before my workout and finding them the perfect light breakfast. Tomorrow I'm not working out until the evening so I'm going to try thickening it up with some Vega and maybe some ground flax seeds.


(kind of looks like a bowl of guacamole; kind of tastes like heaven)
I've also been finding exciting uses for the beautiful raw walnut butter that me and my best friend the food processor made together. I adapted Chocolate-Covered Katie's single-serving pumpkin muffin by adding in a tbsp of oats, swapping out the pumpkin for roasted butternut squash, and probably quintupling the spices. I baked 'er up in a ramekin and topped it with raw walnut butter and Eden Organics' crazy-tasy Organic Apple Cherry Butter. The result was kind of insanely delicious.

(seriously)

No comments:

Post a Comment